Simple Tomato Soup
Write a review
- 4 T. butter
- 1/2 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes (I used whole)
- 1 cup water, chicken stock, or bone broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried basil (or 1 T fresh)
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large pan.
- Add onion, tomatoes (with juice), water or broth, salt, and basil.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook uncovered for about 30 minutes.
- Take off heat, use an immersion blender to blend into a smooth soup. Add additional salt or basil to taste.
- Can use a blender to blend the soup. Just blend in small portions since it is so hot.
Grace Goals and Guts https://gracegoalsandguts.com/